Streamlining how we do business
With great processes, not only are routine tasks done consistently.
They also minimise costs – on supplies, or time taken.
Great processes maximise income – ensuring consistent pricing, and nothing slipping through gaps.
Helping to avoid costly mistakes.
Go outside the way we do business here by exception, and on purpose, when we want to for a good reason.
Another way of saying this…
“Systematise the regular, humanise the irregular”
And the business becomes High Tech / High Touch.
Chris Holgate, owner of Which? award winning business Refresh Cartridges https://refreshcartridges.co.uk/ is focused on improved stock control, till management and quality control systems that he says will ‘further legitimise the business’.
The outcome will be that regular jobs become more efficient.
Time freed up for Chris and his staff to spend on non-routine tasks – anything requiring a more personal touch.
Another example – take this article.
My system, for a task which could easily be time consuming, or put off…
- Listen for an interesting potential case study once a month
- Have a diary reminder to send out the article by the end of the month
- Refer to a checklist on the best way to write articles
- Create the draft in less than an hour
- Confirm the draft with the client
- Get the picture
- Tweak and send out before the month end
Something which could (and used to) take several hours.
A systematised process freeing up time and money for…(business development, the family – fill in your blanks).
Is now the time to standardise, or automate something in your business to become more ‘High Tech / High Touch’?
Streamlining the way you do business, to reap the future dividends.
- Last month I completed 5 years in my business, ...
- Building something for the future When you have...
- Multi-tasking – the opportunity to screw ...
- Get clear on where you want to end up. Research...
- Streamlining how we do business With gre...
- September 2019
- July 2019
- May 2019
- December 2018
- October 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- May 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- October 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- December 2014
- July 2014