The Power of Focus
Mike Green, Torbay Packaging Company
3 months ago;
Mike rated himself with low scores on what were his Priorities, and The Vision for the business.
If you ‘Start with Why’, Mike first identified what was most important to him;
- Stability – In the business, and the home & family
- A concrete, or compartmentalized base to build on with confidence
- Creating a good quality of life – in a happy environment
Next he created an Inspiring Vision for the future of the business;
- What the business would look like in 2 years, it’s size and activities
- How many days a week ‘working in the business’
- What the separate business and personal life would look like, the commute and the leisure time
…simple, but important goal posts to create to rivet the attention.
Having made the short commitment in time to do this, it created a focus which would clearly be a stepping stone in the right direction.
The focus was on People; three months of weekly focused actions to create a great base – the right people on the bus – to build on with confidence.
Small and regular incremental steps which created purposeful momentum.
The discipline of actions in a weekly structure enabled Mike to declare ‘I’m chuffed with what has been achieved focusing on the people in the business – now I can build on this’.
So next, there’s a 3 month focus on Profile – letting more businesses and households in Torbay know about the local service and products they provide, especially useful for posting packages.
Literally getting more people to the door of their premises in Chatto Way Industrial Estate to buy exactly what they need,
…to find out more visit; https://www.torbaypackaging-devon.co.uk/home
If you make the time to create a powerful background context (‘why am I doing this, and where am I going with it’) – it creates a focus for action that produces positive results.
Contact me to see how this could help your business.
Call me, to get clear.
Or for a presentation;
01803 211222 / 07894 851838
This is a series of real life local business case studies…
- Please feel free to feedback to me
- Pass on to anyone who may be interested
- Or request to be added to my subscriber list
- The Journey from Technician, (the ‘doer...
- 3 Years On… What happens when you make ti...
- One Golden Rule for Discipline After the...
- Regular opportunities for people interested in ...
- Time to be clear on the 12 months you want. For...
- May 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- May 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- October 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- December 2014
- July 2014